Watchman Monitoring is a cross-platform solution with agents for the Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms. Watchman Monitoring requires Windows XP SP3 or greater, Server 2003 or greater; .net 4.0 or greater is required.
- Windows XP SP3 or greater, Server 2003 or greater; .net 4.0 or greater required
Administrator access is required for installation and configuration.
The agent is delivered in an MSI.
The Monitoring Client can be installed silently via the command line. It can also have options be passed to it.
msiexec /i /Path/to/MonitoringClient.msi /quiet CMDLINE="GROUP=Test Group"
In addition to GROUP, SUBDOMAIN can also be set.
Optionally, a .reg file is also provided, useful for setting the Client Group in mass-deployments.
- Reports that AntiVirus package is installed and up to date. We'll check for these:
- Generic Antivirus
- Will check for these:
- Macrium Reflect
- Windows Backup
• Checks and reports on portable (laptop) battery status and degradation.
- Drives that have bitlocker enabled are automatically discovered and monitored.
- Reports on status of the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
Disk IO Errors
• Reports on any Disk Input/Output Errors
- Reports on issues found with the Device Manager.
- Reports firewall is enabled and functioning.
- Reports if flash is installed and the version.
Local IP Address
- Reports current local IP address.
- Reports Microsoft Office version installed.
- Reports any issues with the core OS.
- Reports printer issues.
- Reports memory installed and any errors discovered.
- Reports on any issues found with Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Reports on the root capacity of the primary hard drive.
• Reports status and provides integration links for:
• Reports on SMART Errors found on system connected hard drives and solid state drives.
- Reports on password attempts, privilege level, and domain.
- Reports Windows license status.
- Reports Windows Defender status and threats found.
Windows Disk Cleanup
- Reports on Windows Disk Cleanup status.
- Reports on total updates pending installation.
- Reports on Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) enrollment.
- Checks for Windows license status and issues
With more plugins added regularly.
Using the Plugin Support (?) button queues a request to Watchman Monitoring's support staff. This includes details about the computer itself and includes all the report details. You will have the opportunity to include more information you may have on the matter.
Learn more about plugin support here: https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/about-plugin-support