When mass deploying or performing an unattended install of the Monitoring Agent (for example, when using Apple Remote Desktop, command line, DeployStudio, etc), you will need to edit the configuration file. The configuration file lives inside the installer's bundle package, to get to it:
- Download the "MonitoringClient.zip file and unzip it.
Support for configuring the Monitoring Client in this method is no longer supported. Please refer to Configuring the Monitoring Agent for mass deployment. 12/2019
- Right click MonitoringClient.pkg and choose "Show Package Contents"
- Navigate to Contents/Resources/postflight
- Edit the "postflight" file. WARNING: double-clicking the postflight ﬁle may attempt to run the script, avoid that by using File -> Open in your text editor (or by editing via Command Line).
- Modify the desired defaults and be sure to enter a Client Group.
- Close and save the file back to it's original location.
Note: Once an agent has been deployed, its settings can be adjusted using the defaults command.