Munki is a set of tools that, used together with a webserver-based repository of packages and package metadata, can be used by OS X administrators to manage software installs (and in many cases removals) on OS X client machines.
The Munki plugin is an informational plugin that reports the following Munki demographics:
- Munki Version
- Client Identifier (manifest)
- If Munki is managing Apple Software Updates (InstallAppleSoftwareUpdates)
- Software Repo URL (SoftwareRepoURL)
- Software Update Server (SUS) URL (SoftwareUpdateServerURL)
- If Suppress User Notification is set (SuppressUserNotification)
The Watchman Monitoring agent installation package is designed with command line installation in mind and, as such, is fully compatible with Munki, requiring no additional adjustments to your Munki deployment. Simply follow the instructions for setting the Client Group on the Watchman Monitoring agent installer and it will be ready for automated deployment.
The Client Identifier (manifest) is also shown on the Computer Overview.
Watchman Monitoring's Munki plugin is a good resource for troubleshooting issues with Managed Software Center (Munki).
How can this article be improved?
Please sign in to leave a comment.