Watchman Monitoring can notify you with a one-time Alert notification if the the Computer Name, Group, Memory Configuration, Serial Number or Operating System (OS) changes.
Navigate to Settings > Emails.
With Demographic Changes, the email address specified will receive alerts for the following changes:
- If the Computer Name changes.
- Auto-numbering is ignored. e.g. My MacBook Pro (2)
- If the Group changes on the Client Computer.
- If the installed memory increases or decreases.
- Repeated increase/decrease alerts can signify a poorly seating memory DIMM, or a failing Memory/RAM slot.
- If the Serial Number of the machine changes.
- Usually signifies migration of data to a new machine. Watchman Monitoring will rekey and add this machine as a new Computer.
Operating System (OS)
- The OS is upgraded from one major release to another. i.e. 10.8 to 10.11
- A user started downloading an OS upgrade from the Mac App Store
- A user started downloading a new Public Beta
- A user has an available OS Upgrade in /Applications/
OS Alerts are also displayed under the current Operating System when viewing the Tech Specs for a computer record.
Operating System change notifications are currently only available for the Mac OS.
Boot drive changes and notifications are monitored with the Boot Volume Change plugin. Learn more here.
How can this article be improved?
Please sign in to leave a comment.