Watchman Monitoring can notify you with a one-time Alert notification if the the Computer Name, Group, Memory Configuration, Serial Number or Operating System (OS) changes.
Navigate to Settings > Emails.
With Demographic Changes, the email address specified will receive alerts for the following changes:
- If the Computer Name changes.
- Auto-numbering is ignored. e.g. My MacBook Pro (2)
- If the Group changes on the Client Computer.
- If the installed memory increases or decreases.
- Repeated increase/decrease alerts can signify a poorly seating memory DIMM, or a failing Memory/RAM slot.
- If the Serial Number of the machine changes.
- Usually signifies migration of data to a new machine. Watchman Monitoring will rekey and add this machine as a new Computer.
Operating System (OS)
- The OS is upgraded from one major release to another. i.e. 10.8 to 10.11
- A user started downloading an OS upgrade from the Mac App Store
- A user started downloading a new Public Beta
- A user has an available OS Upgrade in /Applications/
OS Alerts are also displayed under the current Operating System when viewing the Tech Specs for a computer record.
Operating System change notifications are currently only available for the Mac OS.
Boot drive changes and notifications are monitored with the Boot Volume Change plugin. Learn more here.