Watchman Monitoring Zendesk integration will create new tickets in your Zendesk account with alert and warning details as a private comment on the ticket, and mute further warnings until the ticket is resolved.
As new issues are detected, Watchman Monitoring will create a new ticket in your Zendesk account.
The ticket number is recorded, and for as long as that ticket is not solved, closed, or missing, no new tickets will be created for problems with that plugin on that computer.
The tickets are created in one of two ways:
- A ticket with a public and private portion, bypassing New Ticket Creation rules.
- Or, as a private ticket utilizing New Ticket Creation rules and optionally setting the requester from the reference email.
Either way, you will have a ticket ready for you to add relevant public facing details.
Process Zendesk tickets quicker by adding the Watchman Monitoring Zendesk App to your Zendesk. The Watchman Monitoring Zendesk App will allow you to verify the current status of the plugin.
Our Zendesk integration has the following goals:
- Create a ticket that can be shared with users.
- Provide enough information in the ticket to avoid revisiting the computer record in your dashboard.
- Mute additional ticket creation until the initial ticket is marked as solved.
- An issue is reported by a monitored computer.
- A ticket is created in your Zendesk.
- A private note is added to the ticket by "Monitoring Notification" with details on the issue.
- By default, the agent which enabled Zendesk will get notified of the ticket update.
For existing Zendesk users, this may require a change to your workflow.
- As tickets are Solved or Closed, Zendesk will notify Watchman Monitoring to reset the dashboard view.
If you want to learn more about how you can further customize your Zendesk e-mails check out this Zendesk support article.